Looking for a quick weeknight meal? This rich and flavorful pasta recipe is just the thing. A creamy mix of herbs and roasted chicken makes it both comforting and delicious! Download, print or pin the recipe below. And don't forget to add it to our February meal planner!
(Photos by CookingThyme)
Herbed Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Adapted from My Baking Addiction
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a rapid boil. Add the oil and rigatoni to the water and cook according to the directions on the package, 10-12 minutes.
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, pour the cream into a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rosemary and garlic to the cream and bring it to a simmer - take care not to let it boil over. Allow the cream to reduce by about half.
3. Stir in the goat cheese and chicken and continue cooking cooking it till the cream coats the back of a spoon.
4. Thoroughly drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce. Coat the pasta in the sauce and simmer over low heat for a few minutes. Serve hot.